Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fasting and Your Period

Ladies, if you begin an intermittent fasting routine, you may notice a difference in your monthly period. I'll share my own experience.

The cramping associated with the first few days of my periods has been painful since I started having a period. Even sometimes after taking pain medicine, it would still hurt. I'm pleased to report that about a week into starting an intermittent fasting routine, I started my period without pain. It continued to be an uneventful period and it was also shorter and lighter than usual.

It's not just me. Other women have stated the same claim about intermittent fasting and menstruation. If you have troublesome PMS, intermittent fasting could be great for you.

If you are fasting on a regular basis and your period has stopped altogether, chances are you have too low of body fat. Women who have extremely low body fat will see their period disappear. You should strive to have a more healthy body fat. During your times of "feeding" you should eat enough so that your body can maintain a healthy weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment