Thursday, July 28, 2011

Does Skinny Fiber Work?

When I first began taking Skinny Fiber, I was all, "Yeah, Skinny Fiber!", but then some things made me change my mind about this product. I'm not trying to talk negatively about the product or company. I just want to share my ideas.

Read on to find out about what I like, what I hate, and ghetto skinny fiber.

First off, the product does work. I lost weight with it. There is no denying that. I also love how so many people are excited about an herbal product. Finally herbs get the recognition they deserve.

Okay, so here goes the negative things.

First, the ingredients: Glucomannan (type of fiber), Cha de Bugre (Brazilian fat burner), Caralluma (Ayurvedic appetite suppressant), and some digestive enzymes. The product is largely made of fiber.

The problem is that fiber binds to what is around it and prevents the absorption. We know this because fiber binds to food and partially prevents absorption. Also, you are always instructed to take prescriptions a few hours before taking fiber because it will bind to it and prevent some absorption.

What I'm saying is, the other ingredients pretty much don't matter. You will absorb a little bit of them, but not enough to really do anything. The fiber will partially block absorption. Also, the pills are about 500 mg of fiber.

Bottom line: You can get the same Skinny Fiber weight loss if you just take Glucomannan 30 minutes before every meal.

These Skinny Fiber pills are marked way up there around $70 a bottle. You can get Glucomannan for $5 a bottle. Woah.

Again, nice company, nice compensation plan. I'm glad they got herbs recognized for once. So many people like to bash herbs and promote prescriptions. So props to you, Skinny Body Care. But in this economy, some of us just have to take a more economical approach to our weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment