Friday, April 6, 2012

Lose Weight With Milk of Thistle

Milk thistle is a plant that has thistles which contain milk. This thistle milk has medicinal properties. It has been used as a liver tonic for many thousands of years. Milk thistle is also said to help with weight loss.

Does milk thistle work?

I have taken milk thistle and I can say that I believe it did work for me. I didn't get any lab work, so I cannot confirm 100%, but from the way my body felt, I think it did work. We'll look into how milk thistle helps with weight loss.

As I stated milk thistle is known for being beneficial to the liver. The liver is supposed to get rid of toxins in the body. The liver is the cleanser. Sometimes the cleanser gets over-worked and too many toxins take over. Most people's livers are working in overdrive right now, especially those people who drink and smoke. You don't have to drink and smoke though for your liver to be overwhelmed. There are toxins in just about everything.

So what helps the liver out when the liver has too much work? Milk of thistle can cleanse the liver and give it a boost. When the liver is cleansed and gets this boost, your metabolism will speed up.

Toxins are so bad for your metabolism. They can slow your metabolism by 20%.

Another way milk thistle helps with weight loss is that it helps lower your blood glucose levels. When you eat processed foods (white bread, white rice, donuts, potatoes) your blood sugar spikes and falls. This prevents your body from burning fat. Milk thistle helps control your blood sugar levels so that your body can resume burning fat.

If you want to take milk thistle for it's medicinal benefits, it's best to take milk thistle extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment