Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Swanson Vitamin's Razberi-K Raspberry Ketones Review

I finished a bottle of Swanson Vitamin's Razberi-K raspberry ketone and would like to write about my experience.

I bought it at $4.99 for one month's supply. I bought this product because I read about the reviews of raspberry ketones and how they helped with weight loss. These pills were only 100 mg and were very small. This was an advantage because they were so easy to take, but I wonder how much raspberry ketones are needed in order for it to help with weight loss.

In the studies done, the ketones made up at least 1% of the mice diet. The Swanson pills are only 200 mg. I doubt 200 mg per day would make up 1% of my food intake. Another thing is that the study was done for longer than 1 month. I only took raspberry ketones for 1 month at 200 mg per day (100 mg twice a day).

**Update: Swanson now has higher dosages of Raspberry ketones which are probably more effective than the supplement that I took.

I didn't lose weight, but I didn't gain either. I wasn't doing anything else to lose weight. I only took the supplement. I didn't expect to drop a lot of weight, as I know that herbal weight loss is a slow thing that should accompany exercise but I did want to test out this product.

Here's what I think: There is enough evidence to say that raspberry ketone helps with weight loss. However, there needs to be more tests done. We need to find out a few things. First of all, we need to know the weight loss effects on humans. Second, we need to know how many milligrams exactly is needed for us to see these effects. Third, we need to know how long to take this product before we can expect results.

Without an extensive human clinical study, it's just impossible to judge this supplement. I won't say that it doesn't work, but I will say that I think this product could be improved by adding more milligrams probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment