Saturday, June 2, 2012

Does Koolaid Fade From Hair?

If I dye my hair with koolaid, how long will it take for it to fade out?

It should fade out. It depends on if you are dying hair that is damaged, how often you wash your hair, and if you are dying hair that was previously dyed. Some people say it took months or never faded at all from their hair so they had to cut it. I've never had this problem though. You should probably try a strand test on the nape of your neck first or dip dye the very last inch of your hair just to test it out.

I can only speak from personal experience since it will be different with everyone. I find that the colors that don't have red dye in them fade much faster and easier it seems. A dip dye with blue koolaid was faded completely from my hair after about 10 days. After about a week, it wasn't very noticeable at all. It took about 10 days for the slight tint to come out fully.

When I dip dyed with purple koolaid, it took a little more work to get out. I used lemon and chamomile tea to try to lighten the color and get it out and it helped a lot. I was able to get the color out in about 10 days with the extra work. It faded to red and then pink and then really light pink. With the blue, all I had to do was regularly wash my hair every day so I think blue based dyes are easier to get out of hair.

If you want to dye your hair with koolaid for only the weekend, you may be able to get it out by Monday but don't depend on it. If you have light hair, try to use chamomile tea and soak your hair in it for hours. Wash the hair a lot. There's no guarantee that you will get it out by Monday though so keep that in mind. I'm not giving you any guarantees so it's all on you.

For more information on dying your hair with koolaid, including pictures and instructions, go here.

If you have a question, leave your comment below and I will answer your question in a post.

1 comment:

  1. THIS DOES WORK!

    *boil water and put in in a bowl.
    *soak your hair in the water for 5 minutes.
    *boil more water and add dish soap and baking soda and put it in a bowl
    *soak you hair in it for 5 minutes.
    *rinse and wash your hair with dish soap.
    *and then condition your hair with conditioner.

    do this a few times like one or twice a day

    ReplyDelete