Thursday, November 17, 2011

Swanson Vitamin's Apple Pectin Review

Apple Pectin is a supplement made from apple fiber. Apples are a great source of soluble and insoluble fiber. I bought and took Swanson Vitamin's Apple Pectin and compared it to other types of fiber.

The measure of how good fiber works is general shown in the difference in your bowel movements. With Apple Pectin, my bowel movements came less often than with Psyllium Husks and Glucomannan. I didn't notice much of a difference between taking the apple pectin and taking no type of fiber supplement. It really did not help me.

The only good thing about the apple pectin is the size of the pills. They are smaller pills and easier to swallow than most fiber pills. Also, they don't have a bad taste. As for effectiveness, I didn't notice it.

I usually enjoy Swanson's products for the quality and price. You can normally "feel" them working and see a result with these products. They are definitely better quality than most other brands. I have to say I'm not pleased with their Apple Pectin and I will be switching to another fiber supplement made by them soon. In fact, it's on it's way now to be shipped.

I'll be trying and reviewing Swanson Vitamin's Glucomman+.

1 comment:

  1. Fiber is good for health but not everyone responds the same to all types or sources of fiber. For me, apple pectin has been invaluable together with Swanson's Xanthigen Fatty Liver Formula. The apple pectin helps mobilize the fat and also it has been proven to help with the other multiple symptoms of syndrome X, which I have. It has helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete